After careful consideration, I’ve decided to join the Shopify Partner Program and start working on proprietary Shopify powered sites as well as continuing to work on open-source WordPress + WooCommerce powered sites.
Recent statistics from BuiltWith indicate that Shopify leads greatly over WooCommerce Checkout, particularly in the United States market. Information I hear from colleagues tells me that Shopify is generating more business for them via support, upgrades, development, and vendor affiliate programs.
Open-source site ownership can be excellent, but it requires longer-term investment. Many of my clients operate in the shorter-term where Shopify strongly appeals. Plus, I believe there’s many areas where Shopify leads:
- Shopify offers plans for all business sizes that include their software and hosting.
- Shopify has an especially strong vendor network powering its App marketplace.
- Shopify offers excellent free themes. Be sure to explore their default theme Dawn.
- Shopify employs a handy open-source templating engine called Liquid.
- Shopify has myriad developer tools for custom templating, upgrades, and App development.
I tried for years to get into the official WooCommerce Experts program with no success. Shopify has already accepted me into their Partner Program, and I’m taking it seriously. I’m catching-on quickly with clients and a powerful development site. Stay tuned for exciting developments!
Interested in Shopify? Contact me so I can represent you and your project.