My hourly rate is selected each December and applied on January first with the following goals:
- Competing with senior full-stack eCommerce developers in major USA cities.
- Rewarding wholesale and client loyalty with generous discount programs.
- Holding the rate all year long.
Following is research conducted in December 2022 in support of my 2023 hourly rate selection.
|Bonsai US West Coast, senior, 90th percentile||N/A||$170.00|
|CodeMentor North America, senior, 90th percentile||N/A||$150.10|
|WooExperts West Coast, 90th percentile excluding the lowest tier||N/A||$190.00|
|WPSessions Rate Calculator sheet inputting 2022 stats||N/A||$169.18|
|Comparably Los Angeles salary, bell curve 90th percentile||$121,500||$165.31|
|Salary.com Los Angeles median salary + bonus||$161,461||$219.67|
|Talent.com salary for California||$132,500||$180.27|
|Third-party salary research on TopTal, 90th percentile||$125,500||$170.75|
|ZipRecruiter USA salary 90th percentile||$126,500||$172.11|
I compute hourly rate from annual salaries by factoring in the following:
- 49 work weeks (3 weeks of vacation and sick time)
- Five working days per week
- One third of work time being billable with the rest going to:
- administrative work
- continued learning
- in-between project gaps
- sales and marketing
Contact me for details on my 2023 hourly rate and discount programs.