How many times have you received a text with a password, an encrypted spreadsheet file and a separate email containing the password (sitting in the same mailbox!), or an unprotected Google Sheet?
There’s better solutions! Here’s some worth taking a look at:
- One Time Secret has been around since 2012 with open-source transparency, lets you set a password and pick the time to shred.
- Scrt.link is stylish, integrates with Slack and Microsoft Teams, offers read receipts with a free account, shreds upon receipt.
- One-Time.link is Japan based, lets you pick the time to shred, you must email the secure link manually.
- One Time shreds upon receipt, you must email the secure link manually.
- LastPass is a professional password manager with a useful Notes feature. It requires a free account on both sides and the free account level limits you to either desktop/website or mobile App access exclusively.
For heavier security have a look at asymmetric cryptography (like PGP) Apps or integrations with your specific email service.